Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca> on 2007/10/02 17:58:37 UTC

Re: mass-check --server bug?

Justin Mason wrote:
> Daryl C. W. O'Shea writes:
>> Justin Mason wrote:

>>> nope.
>> It looks like the message numbers the clients are returning don't match
>> what the server thinks it issued or, probably more likely, the client is
>> actually returning the message results.  It doesn't appear to be an
>> issue with missing messages as they would be re-issued to the client as
>> soon as it posted the results.  In this case its actually waiting for
>> them to timeout before re-issuing them.
>>
>> Are there any zero-length messages in the corpus?  Zero-length messages
>> WILL cause problems.  I can't remember if this was one of the failure
>> modes (I think I've only seen the clients hang on zero-length messages).
>
> We should be able to avoid that, surely?!

Of course, just like anything else. :)

> Here's a log from a mass-check session.  It again gets stuck nearly at
> 100% with a set of 676 and 728 messages.

Any logs from the client at 140.211.11.138 to go with this?  The client
logs will likely provide a better clue to why this is happening than the
server logs.

Daryl

Re: mass-check --server bug?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@thoughtworthy.com>.
> For anybody following along who cares... it turned out it was zero-length
> messages causing the problem.  mass-check now handles this.

Phew.  I was worried I had something setup wrong on the new mass-check
machine!

Re: mass-check --server bug?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.