Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> on 2003/05/30 19:47:01 UTC

[5] EL parsing eats extra character after '?'

Attached below is a message from tomcat-user. I don't know it this is a valid
issue or not. If its not, it has great FAQ potential.

If it is a problem, could it be caused by the following the snippet below? It
looks like any custom tag would be ignored if preceded by a $. This seems to
be the behavior I saw when I put $ in front of the hello world tag in
/jsp-examples/jsp2/tagfiles/hello.jsp.

In org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseXMLTemplateText()
lines 1502, 1506
                         ttext.write('$');
                         ttext.write(ch);
                         continue;
                     }

I really don't know much about Jasper, and was just snooping.

-Tim