Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Christoffer Soop <ch...@jabberwocky.se> on 2008/02/01 23:47:25 UTC

Using the configuration as part of the artifact pattern

Hi!

I am trying to set up a custom repository where artifacts are stored in
a configuration subdirectory of the module. For this I am using the
artifact pattern

   [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[conf]/[artifact].[ext]

... in the resolver configuration.

However, using this artifact pattern always makes the [conf] part be
replaced by "default", regardles of what configurations are resolved. To
reproduce this behaviour, just call the default target of the
filter-framework project in the configuration example from the ivy
distribution, with the "ivy.local.default.artifact.pattern" pattern set.

   cd src/example/configurations/multi-projects/filter-framework
   ant -D:ivy.local.default.artifact.pattern=\
    [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[conf]/[artifact].[ext]

Is this behaviour a defect or am I missing something?

If I am missing something, could somebody kindly give me a hint on how
to make the configuration tutorial work an artifact path similar to
mine? Would be much appreciated...

NOTE: When using the [conf] placeholder in the *retrieve* pattern,
[conf] is replaced by the different configurations, exactly as stated in
the configurations tutorial.

Sincerely,

	Chris

PS/I suppose a work around would be to use a homegrown flavour
attribute, i.e. specifying the publicised artifacts as

   <artifact name="module-artifact" type="jar" flavour="Debug" />

... dependencies a

   <dependency org="org" name="module" rev="1.0" flavour="Debug" />

... and using an artifact pattern of

  [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[flavour]/[artifact].[ext]

... but it would be rather nice to use the configuaration feature, since
different configurations is exactly what I need.