Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Sodergren <ts...@terratek.com> on 2006/03/14 23:20:44 UTC

Excel mime-mapping and SSL

Hello, all.

I am having trouble serving excel files with Tomcat 5.5.9. This site
uses SSL with form-based authentication  through a JDBC user database, I
have added the following to the application's WEB-INF/web.xml file:

  <mime-mapping>
    <extension>xls</extension>
    <mime-type>application/vnd.ms-excel</mime-type>
  </mime-mapping>

and the following to the META-INF/context.xml file:

        <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
            disableProxyCaching="false" />

to deal with the IE SSL bug.

When trying to link to excel files, however, it appears IE is
interpreting as text as all I get is a page of nonsense characters. This
does not happen in Firefox (of course).

Am I missing something here?

--
Tim Sodergren