Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Csík Norbert <cs...@freemail.hu> on 2005/03/22 17:23:06 UTC

popup window

Hi!

I have a form with a combo box field (h:selectOneMenu), but the size of the component is too big: it contains houndreds of data. It's unusable.

I think a popup window is a good solution for my problem to chose the correct value, with a table in it, showing 10 rows at a time, having a paginator to paginate, and az input field to filter the table.

How can I make a popup window to satisfy this spec in JSF?

thnx

--
 Norbert Csík

Re: popup window

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
You might try to use the existing popup-component and cram it with
JSF-components, but I doubt that it completely works; the
popup-component was not explicitly designed to deal with
input-components.

regards,

Martin

Re: popup window

Posted by Aaron Bartell <aa...@gmail.com>.

Re: popup window

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes, ADF is free to use but no open source!

regards,

Martin

Re: popup window

Posted by Csík Norbert <cs...@freemail.hu>.

Re: popup window

Posted by Csík Norbert <no...@csik.net>.

Duncan Mills írta:
> The Oracle ADF Faces component set has a facility to do this using a
Is that stuff free to use?

> specialized <from-outcome> in the navigation indicating that the target
> view should be displayed in a modal dialog, and then you define an extra
> listener to handle the passback.  For those that are interested:
> http://www.groundside.com/blog/content/DuncanMills/J2EE+Development/?permalink=F312D925D4CBBFA45E0D61CB2629C518.txt

--
 Csík Norbert          http://norbert.web.elte.hu/
 Programtervező matematikus