Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/12/28 07:19:27 UTC

performance difference between observer and endpoint

hi experts,

we're working on using observer/endpoint to visit hbase rows. During our
experiments we found that for *small interval scans* (where the scan range
is within a single region, and the scan range contains only tens/hundreds
of rows), observer is times faster than endpoint. Our question is, for *small
interval scans, *is observer naturally a better choice than endpoint?

I do know how to use these two coprocessors, however I'm not quite clear
about the fundamental difference of them that might lead to performance
gap. Any documentations or insights are greatly appreciated.

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
Apache Kylin: http://kylin.io
Github: https://github.com/binmahone

Re: performance difference between observer and endpoint

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
And which exact version you are using?

-Anoop-

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.