Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Sakari Isoniemi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 15:56:47 UTC

Gem remote operations !

Hi

Enourmous difficulties with gem in some win laptops

Jruby 1.1.1  and Java 1.5

jruby -S gem *install buildr*

JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full support.
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
*ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
    Error fetching remote gem cache: ParserException while scanning a block
mapping we had this expected <block end>, but found org.jvyamlb.
tokens.ScalarToken*
**
=> I have to give up using rem remote operations and install buildr manually
:-)

Re: Gem remote operations !

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Any reason to use JRuby 1.1.1 instead of more recent versions?  It's now a
year old and there have been many fixes since then.

alex