Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Mantell, Christopher Arthur" <CM...@mgh.harvard.edu> on 2019/03/25 21:35:29 UTC

Couch 1.7 - OS.process.error

Hello,

I complied and installed Couch 1.7.1 on a new CentOS7 VM and put in .couch files from an old server into /usr/local/var/lib.  Everything is visible and I can create databases, but I can't delete anything and my views hang up.  My log file writes this continuously:

OS Process Error <0.10500.656> :: {os_process_error,
                                                          {exit_status,1}

erlang = R16B02 (erts-5.10.3)

SpiderMonkey = 1.8.5

Anybody else experience this problem and know how to fix it?

Thank you,

Chris Mantell

Programmer

Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Building 149 - South Central
Charlestown, MA 02129
cmantell@mgh.harvard.edu

Re: Couch 1.7 - OS.process.error

Posted by "Mantell, Christopher Arthur" <CM...@mgh.harvard.edu>.
Hi Dave,

Thank you for replying.  I actually did that already but I found out that there were some hidden directories that still had root ownership.  When I changed those to couchdb:couchdb, it worked!

Thank you again!

________________________________
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019, at 22:43, Mantell, Christopher Arthur wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I complied and installed Couch 1.7.1 on a new CentOS7 VM and put in .couch files from an old server into /usr/local/var/lib. Everything is visible and I can create databases, but I can't delete anything and my views hang up. My log file writes this continuously:
>

> OS Process Error <0.10500.656> :: {os_process_error,
>  {exit_status,1}

You’ll need to work out what that process is to be sure but i’d start off with ‘chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb’ to start with. Check your .ini files and the fauxton settings to be sure that the view and database dirs point to the right locations too.

This should fix it.

—
 Dave Cottlehuber
 Sent from my Couch