Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/26 20:02:22 UTC

Customizing the catalogs UI, using templates

hi,

i have two completely different set of product for which i have created two
seperate catalogs. I want to customize the look and feel of ech catalog. I
have used the 'Template Path Prefix' in the Catalog Manager to define
screens and different FTL files to be used for products in a particular
catalog.

i am not sure if this is the right way to do, please let me know if there is
another better way to do so.

Though this method works for me, but i hava a problem when the user switched
between catalogs. For eg. when one browses through catalog1(for e.g.), the
FTL files and screens for catalog1 is used, which is right, but if swtiches
to catalog2(for e.g.) and then click on a link for the product in catalog1,
say in Last Products box or in the shopping cart box, the screen and ftl's
for catalog2 are used instead of catalog1.

This really messes up the look and feel of the website.

Is there a way around it, and if there is another better way to customize
the look on and feel of each catalog.

Thanks,

Rohit

Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.