Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fernando Álvarez-Uría <fa...@opensistemas.com> on 2004/12/10 12:03:34 UTC

Troubles setting up axis_cpp

Hi all!

Im having some troubles setting up axis cpp on a Debian Sarge environment.

Ive compiled axis_cpp 1.2, and the simple_axis_server that comes bundled
works well.

This is what ive done: I compiled axis-cpp-1.2, and installed it under
/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy. Ive exported AXISCPP_HOME to that directory.

Then, i load the module within apache2:

LoadModule axis_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libaxiscpp_mod2.so
<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

and restart apache. Whenever i try to access the default web page, the
browser keeps loading till expires. If i unload the module (comment out
the directive), apache works well. I get no errors in the log file.

How can i have apache working as it usually does, while having axis
module loaded? And how can i get the axis welcome page working?

Ive read the whole documentaton, following every step, but im stuck in
this moment.

I would apreciate any help.

Thanks all. Regards,

--
Fernando Álvarez-Uría Torres

openSistemas de Información Internet
Tel.: +34 91 445 39 36
Fax.: +34 91 445 02 38
email: fauria@opensistemas.com
http://www.opensistemas.com

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia
sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional
privilege.

RE: Troubles setting up axis_cpp

Posted by Farhaan Mohideen <fa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Vincent;

For windows the following two links should help you do what you want.
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/winuser-guide.html#create

http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/winuser-guide.html#deploy

But if this is not sufficient just write to us with the issues you are
facing so we can help you.

Thanks
Farhaan

Posted by Vincent Jong <vi...@gmail.com>.
I'm new to axis (axiscpp) myself, but have you edited the
$AXISCPP_HOME/etc/axiscpp.conf and copied that to /etc (it maybe that
there's the file axiscpp.conf_linux that needs to be edited and
renamed to axiscpp.conf and then copied to /etc) ?  also have you
edited client.wsdd_linux and server.wsdd_linux correctly and rename
them to client.wsdd and server.wsdd?  these files need to have the
correct paths in them.  have you also copied the libaxiscpp_mod2.so
file into apache's module directory? do you have an xml parser
installed? I'm running axiscpp 1.3 on apache 2.0.52 with expat 1.95
for the xml parser.