Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aethon <ae...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/05 06:54:35 UTC

Multiple GET Parameters

I believe I have found a bug. Specifically when any of
the xml files in
/xdocs have an URL that contains multiple GET
parameters, the
site:generate target fails. An example of an URL that
makes maven choke is:

http://site/dir/blah?variable1=value1&variable2=value2

One GET parameter is not a problem.

I first found this problem in Beta 9. I have since
confirmed the problem
still exists in CVS.

To routinely reproduce this, follow these steps:

1. Make a new directory to preserve your other files
2. In the new directory run "maven -Dpackage=blah
genapp"
3. In the /xdocs directory place the following into a
new file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<document>

http://site/dir/blah?variable1=value1&variable2=value2
</document>
(This is the attached test.xml)
4. Run "maven site:generate"

As far as I can tell, this is a bug, if not I
certainly couldn't find
any documentation about this.

http://calendar.yahoo.com

Re: Multiple GET Parameters

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Aethon <ae...@yahoo.com> wrote on 05/06/2003 02:54:35 PM:

> I believe I have found a bug. Specifically when any of
> the xml files in
> /xdocs have an URL that contains multiple GET
> parameters, the
> site:generate target fails. An example of an URL that
> makes maven choke is:
>
> http://site/dir/blah?variable1=value1&variable2=value2

[snip]
> 3. In the /xdocs directory place the following into a
> new file:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <document>
>
> http://site/dir/blah?variable1=value1&variable2=value2
> </document>
> (This is the attached test.xml)
This is not valid xml. xdocs are xml documents, and as such must live by
the rules of xml. if you want an '&' in your xml doc, you can't just put
'&', you must use the entity '&amp;'.

HTH,
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting