Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by lu...@free.fr on 2008/11/20 16:41:00 UTC

Fwd: [MATH] commons math 2.0 snapshot jars

Hello,

Here is a discussion started with one [math] user. As a result, James proposed to switch development back from branch MATH_2_0 to trunk (and to switch trunk to a new 1.x branch). I agree with this suggestion but cannot be sure about how many users will be affected. Just to be sure, we should probably do a move rather than a copy as I suggested in my last message (and btw, James, it is what you really suggested in the first place, isn't it ?).

So does anybody have an opinion on this ?

Luc

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Make it so. :)
+1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
luc.maisonobe@free.fr wrote:
> Go ahead, thanks.
>
> Luc
>
> ----- "Phil Steitz" <ph...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> Going once, going twice....
>>
>> Any objections to
>>
>> 0) svn move trunk branches/MATH_1_3
>> 1) svn move branches/MATH_2_0 trunk
>>
>> Can anyone see any problems with this?
>>
>> Phil

Done

Re: [math] moving 2.0 branch to trunk WAS: Re: Fwd: [MATH] commons math 2.0 snapshot jars

Posted by lu...@free.fr.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Going once, going twice....

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
luc.maisonobe@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a discussion started with one [math] user. As a result, James proposed to switch development back from branch MATH_2_0 to trunk (and to switch trunk to a new 1.x branch). I agree with this suggestion but cannot be sure about how many users will be affected. Just to be sure, we should probably do a move rather than a copy as I suggested in my last message (and btw, James, it is what you really suggested in the first place, isn't it ?).
>
> So does anybody have an opinion on this ?

Makes sense to me.  I can understand how the current setup is confusing
and an unnecessary barier for new contributors.  I am about to commit a
batch of changes for MATH-212, so I would prefer to wait until I have
this stuff in (next day or two), but will do the move (assuming all are
OK with that approach) next week if there are no objections.

Phil