Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Dalal, Sabyasachi (MED)" <Sa...@geind.ge.com> on 2003/02/19 10:29:25 UTC

Deep-Green horn in Maven

Hi,
	I am a newbie and I am not able to make maven do as I want.
My project structure looks like this,
src
	java
	webapps

when i call  maven war, it copies all the files/directories under classes (including build, *.xmls) into the WEB-INF directory and wars it. How to control the behaviour of the war goal or any goal ?

1.Basic question : How should Maven be used....call maven from ant or the other way.

2.Is there a simple sample application using Maven available somewhere which will help newbies ?

thanks
dalal

Re: Deep-Green horn in Maven

Posted by Jorn A Hansen <jo...@person.dk>.
  Hi,

Dalal, Sabyasachi (MED) wrote:

>Hi,
>	I am a newbie and I am not able to make maven do as I want.
>My project structure looks like this,
>src
>	java
>	webapps
>
>when i call  maven war, it copies all the files/directories under classes (including build, *.xmls) into the WEB-INF directory and wars it. How to control the behaviour of the war goal or any goal ?

The maven plugin for the war goal is documented at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/war

I'm not using the war plugin myself - so I can't give you further details...

>1.Basic question : How should Maven be used....call maven from ant or the other way.

Normally you would do neither.  But just use one of the existing maven
plugins if it suits your purpose and maybe adjust to your environment
using properties files.  If there are no plugin that suits you you can
quite easily call existing Ant tasks from your own Maven plugin - see
the developer documentation for further details.

>2.Is there a simple sample application using Maven available somewhere which will help newbies ?

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/examples

HTH
/Jørn