Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/25 09:53:51 UTC

[HEADS UP] - Camel startup and shutdown logging updated

Hi

Camel 3.x is modernized and becomes very lightweight and really fast
to bootstrap.
We wanted to reflect this in its logging output, and avoid too many
logs being shown.

In Camel 3.8 onwards we are reworking the logging output when starting
and stopping Camel.
We would like to allow end users to choose how much detail to output.

The output is now better organized, and there are different levels to
choose from (name might change).

Classic
Verbose
Brief
Off

The Classic mode is to keep it as before (nostalgia).

For example if you set it to Off you only get 1 log when Camel was started

Apache Camel 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT (MySlowCamel) started in 696ms
(build:507ms init:181ms start:8ms)

Also notice the timings are now also shown for the different lifecycle phase.

With the new timing information you can also quicker see the gain when
running with camel-quarkus vs vanilla. The build and init phases are
much quicker.

You can customize the level with the setStartupSummaryLevel on
CamelContext (can also be configured via main / spring-boot / quarkus
/ spring xml / blueprint xml etc.).

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: [HEADS UP] - Camel startup and shutdown logging updated

Posted by Alexandre Gallice <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Classic mode so that long time camel users can remember the good old
time ;)