Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by michong900617 <mi...@xmu.edu.cn> on 2011/04/01 10:37:33 UTC

Does solr support secure enterprise search?

Hello,
Does solr support secure enterprise search?
That's to say, person can only visit to the concerns of the information within their authorities.
If I wanna meet the goal, what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

2011-04-01

Best wishes

Zhenpeng Fang

方 振鹏

Dept. Software Engineering

Xiamen University

Re: Does solr support secure enterprise search?

Posted by Gérard Dupont <ge...@gmail.com>.
The user list solr-user@lucene.apache.org. may be the best place to ask. But
if I understand well there is multiple questions in your request:
- one is related to secure access and I would suggest using HTTPS
- user login and for this I suggest to use a portal that manage user logins
(out of SOLR scope) and that will integrate SOLR
- access restriction for each user. This is possible but not provided out of
the box with SolR.
That's my own answer but some others may provide more up to date
information.

--
Gérard Dupont
Information Processing Control and Cognition (IPCC)

Document & Learning team - LITIS Laboratory

Re: Does solr support secure enterprise search?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
You should really be asking this on the user list
solr-user@lucene.apache.org.

Solr does not provide any security features - you would be
expected to implement security within your application that you
put in front of Solr.

LucidWorks Enterprise (a commercial package based upon Solr) does
offer security features.

Upayavira

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:37 +0800, "michong900617"
<mi...@xmu.edu.cn> wrote:

Hello,
Does solr support secure enterprise search?
That's to say, person can only visit to the concerns of the
information within their authorities.
If I wanna meet the goal, what can I do?

Thanks for your help.
2011-04-01

                                                      Best wishes

                                                    Zhenpeng Fang

                                                       方 振鹏

                                       Dept. Software Engineering

                                                Xiamen University
---
Enterprise Search Consultant at Sourcesense UK,
Making Sense of Open Source