Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Jim Bethancourt <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 23:50:14 UTC

Couple of questions from a new user

Hi all,
I've been experimenting with JCS for about a week or so now, and I
have a couple of questions I've come up and thought I'd ask.

1) I've noticed on the the mailing list that the Disk Cache isn't able
to be shared across JVMs on the same machine.  Is this true for the
JDBC disk cache as well, or can multiple VMs access the same JDBC disk
cache (and region) and share objects safely?

2)  Is there any other available documentation on the behavior of the
Lateral TCP Cache, perhaps a 10K foot overview of how it works?  I've
been able to get a simple Lateral TCP demo working, and my manager was
wondering about the update behavior of an object and how the update is
broadcast to all servers in the case where there may be an existing
version already on another server.

Thanks,
Jim