Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2018/07/21 14:17:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Isis Core release 2.0.0-M1 RC1

Finally!

I've just cut a release for Apache Isis Core and the two archetypes:

* Core 2.0.0-M1
* HelloWorld Archetype 2.0.0-M1
* SimpleApp Archetype 2.0.0-M1

You'll note the "M1" suffix - this is the first milestone of several
towards an 2.0.0 release.  Already though, a lot has been accomplished:

- run on Java 8 only
- removal of many deprecated annotations and services  (some still remain
in applib-legacy, a new module)
- upgrade to DataNucleus 5.1.x (in fact, this is pluggable, so DN 4.1.x is
also supported)
- support for meta-annotations (for both Isis annotations and DN 5.x)
- upgrade to Wicket 8
- better support for JEE
- upgrade to RestEasy 3, provisional support for RestEasy 4 (again, this is
pluggable)
- support for JUnit 5 for unit and integ tests
- new WrapperFactory implementation based on bytebuddy, deprecating use of
javassist (again, this is pluggable)
- new breadcrumbs support
- alpha support for table/tree views

A big shout-out to Andi Huber, our most recent new committer, who has done
the vast majority of the above work.  Thanks, Andi !

~~~
The source code artifacts have been uploaded to staging repositories on
repository.apache.org:

*
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-1079/org/apache/isis/core/isis/2.0.0-M1/isis-2.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
*
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-1082/org/apache/isis/archetype/helloworld-archetype/2.0.0-M1/helloworld-archetype-2.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
*
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-1082/org/apache/isis/archetype/simpleapp-archetype/2.0.0-M1/simpleapp-archetype-2.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

For each zip there is a corresponding signature file (append .asc to the
zip's url).

In the source code repo the code has been tagged as isis-2.0.0-M1-RC1,
helloworld-archetype-2.0.0-M1-RC1 and simpleapp-archetype-2.0.0-M1-RC1; see
https://github.com/apache/isis/tags

For instructions on how to verify the release (build from binaries and/or
use in Maven directly), see
https://isis.apache.org/guides/cgcom/cgcom.html#_cgcom_verifying-releases

Please verify the release and cast your vote.  The vote will be open for a
minimum of 72 hours.  In the meantime I'm going to try to update some of
the documentation that's not yet there.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

--
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is from Haywood Associates Ltd (Registered Number
3525455) and it and its attachments may be confidential and are intended

Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis Core release 2.0.0-M1 RC1

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
+1

As I'm using the '2.0.0-M1' branch for a while now with my particular production environment, I'm confident to say, that the code is stable enough for a milestone release.

However, we do have a list of known issues and open bug reports, but these are not specific to this release, meaning we do have them for some time now. But there is none that qualifies as a blocker to me.

So thumbs up for progress with the framework!

Cheers, Andi!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Thanks Kevin

In took me a little while to reproduce the issue, but I see what the
problem is now.  Not a problem with the code as such, rather it's the
release procedures which I'm trying to simplify but I think simplified a
little bit too much.

So, I'll pull this RC1 and go round the loop with an RC2 in (hopefully) a
day or two's time.

Thx
Dan

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.