Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ingo Luetkebohle <in...@blank.pages.de> on 2000/11/09 16:04:33 UTC

class load order and conflicts

Hiya,

sorry, this smells like a FAQ but I couldn't find docs :(

In which order are the various class dirs searched for classes?
/classes and /lib are automatically in the classpath, but are they
searched last or first?

Also, say that another servlet different from mine already uses a
class x contained in a JAR in its /lib dir. I also want to use that
class but my /lib dir contains a newer version. What will happen? Does
it depend on which servlet is loaded earlier or does each servlet get
the class from its /lib dir?

Regards

--
	Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo@blank.pages.de / 95428014

its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project