Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbi123 <bb...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 00:03:50 UTC

SOLR synonyms - Explicit mappings

I need some clarification of how to define explicit mappings in synonyms.txt
file.

I have been using equivalent synonyms for a while and it works as expected.

I am confused with explicit mapping.

I have the below synonyms added to query analyzer.

I want the search on keyword 'watch' to actually do a search on 'smartwatch'
but the below query mapping seems to bring the documents that contain both
keywords 'watch' and 'smartwatch'.. Am I doing anything wrong?

watch => smartwatch

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: SOLR synonyms - Explicit mappings

Posted by Nicole Lacoste <ni...@gmail.com>.
That looks right.  Have you mistakenly added the synonym filter on the
indexing side as well?  You can use the solr admin analysis page (maybe at
http://localhost:8983/solr/#/collection1/analysis)  to debug.

Niki

* <https://twitter.com/#!/niki_in_france>*