Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2002/06/30 17:49:52 UTC

Howto build a jar if the .class files exist and not fail if they dont

Ok.. I know this may be a bit odd but, here is what I am trying to do.
Any help is appreciated

- if the jar file exists and there are no .class or .java files
	- continue with the build

- if there are .class files and no .java files
	- build/update the .jar if it needs to be built/updated
	- continue with the build

- if there are .java files
	- build/update the .class files
	- build/update the .jar if it needs to be built/updated
	- continue with the build

Thank you.

Re: Howto build a jar if the .class files exist and not fail if they dont

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> wrote:
> - if the jar file exists and there are no .class or .java files
> 	- continue with the build

I believe the 'whenempty' attribute of <jar> will do just this.

> - if there are .class files and no .java files
> 	- build/update the .jar if it needs to be built/updated
> 	- continue with the build
>
> - if there are .java files
> 	- build/update the .class files
> 	- build/update the .jar if it needs to be built/updated
> 	- continue with the build

Have your "jar" target depend on your "compile" target.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)