Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1995/08/10 02:05:11 UTC

Re: compilation woes....

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
>    1) mod_cookies references "sys/timeb.h" which I couldn't find on Irix.
>    Commenting that out worked fine.
>
> Hmmm... this is needed to declare the ftime() function which Cliff's
> BSD fix gets rid of... I take it your sources had those applied.

This was actually 0.8.9, yeah.

>    2) cc was complaining about an extraneous comma in http_config.c, line 76.
>
> I guess we need a patch for this.  Sigh...

it's cosmetic (didn't prevent compilation) but it showed up without -Wall
so it might be good to address.  It's just a single character change :)

Also, in playing around with server push (ugh! I was forced at gunpoint!
I swear!) and found a problem with CGI script headers.  In server push you
send something like the following: (see
http://home.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html)

--ThisRandomString

Data for the first object.

--ThisRandomString

Data for the second and last object.

--ThisRandomString--

Under Apache, however, everything after the ; in the first Content-type
gets nuked.  The page at Netscape has a note for users of NCSA's httpd to
remove the space after the ; - that didn't work for Apache either.  It
*does* work when the same information is sent either as an nph script or
a .asis file (which is how I implemented it finally).

Wow, I filed three bug reports in one day.  Wheee!  Now if I could only
file three bug *fixes* in one day....

	Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/