Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivasarao Salla <Sr...@Sierraatlantic.com> on 2004/09/28 12:36:51 UTC

Increasing heap size in Tomcat

Hi All,

	We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 version. We want to Increase the Heap
Size.
	Can anyone suggest way of how to do this.

	Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sri.

Re: Increasing heap size in Tomcat

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:36:51AM -0700, Srinivasarao Salla wrote:
: 	We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 version. We want to Increase the Heap
: Size.
: 	Can anyone suggest way of how to do this.

Find some way to pass the "-Xmx" flag to the Java commandline.

In v4.x and 5.x, you set the environment variable "JAVA_OPTS"  before
running the start script.

It may be the same in v3.x; what do the docs say?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com