Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 22:04:56 UTC

Re: Inconsistent performance numbers with increased nodes

Just a question, Alex. Why are you using OpenJDK? The first recommendation
for a Hadoop cluster is to use Java SDK from Oracle , because precisely
with OpenJDK, there are some performance issues, which should be fixed in
the next releases, but I encourage you to use Java 1.6. from Oracle.

- Which is the replication factor in your cluster? (default: 3)
- What is the value of your HDFS blocks? (default: 64 Mb, a good value is
128 Mb or 256 Mb depending of your cluster load)

--
*Twitter*: @marcosluis2186 <http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186>