Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/20 04:54:15 UTC

bugs

I am using CVS code.

This bug is easy to work around, but difficult to find the
cause.
In site.xml, if a node has href="", it is displayed twice in the
menu.

I know no way to work around this bug.  Static files of most
extensions (like .gz) that are not typical (like .jpg or .txt)
get messed up.  They are copied to 'site' twice.  Once as
filename.extnull and once as filename.ext.  And links to these
files end up as links to filename.extnull.  It seems that
unrecognized extensions get a 'null' concatenated.  It shouldn't
matter what kind of extension or mime-type a file is, if it is
outside the 'xdocs' directory.

Thanks for the great work on forrest so far!

=====
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net - personal
http://www.splike.com - programming

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: bugs

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:54:15PM -0700, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> I am using CVS code.
>
> This bug is easy to work around, but difficult to find the
> cause.
> In site.xml, if a node has href="", it is displayed twice in the
> menu.

Odd..

> I know no way to work around this bug.  Static files of most extensions
> (like .gz) that are not typical (like .jpg or .txt) get messed up.
> They are copied to 'site' twice.  Once as filename.extnull and once as
> filename.ext.  And links to these files end up as links to
> filename.extnull.  It seems that unrecognized extensions get a 'null'
> concatenated.  It shouldn't matter what kind of extension or mime-type
> a file is, if it is outside the 'xdocs' directory.

This was a bug in Cocoon.  I've just fixed it by upgrading.

> Thanks for the great work on forrest so far!

Thanks:)

--Jeff