Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by David Caruana <da...@alfresco.com> on 2010/03/05 16:58:26 UTC

Build artifacts in public maven repository?

I'm not sure how Apache approaches this, but it would be useful to refer to chemistry and opencmis modules via a public maven repository.

I see there's http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/ but I have no idea how we would publish, and whether a formal release is required. Being able to refer to current snapshots is enough for now.

Any hints on how this can be done? or anyone willing to set this up?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Build artifacts in public maven repository?

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Yep,
makes sense to me as well to take this point into account for the f2f
discussion.

Let us know :)

Ciao!
Gab

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,
just a follow up on this one.

The Apache infra team has been very proactive in enabling us to deploy
also on org/apache/opencmis [1], and I did a test deployment to check
everything was working here [2].

In order to avoid confusion in the community I don't think we should
do any formal release before the f2f outcomes,
but allowing snapshots out there allows a better development process
(we could have Hudson deploy them already) and to start playing around
openCMIS as well.
Later (post f2f) we can easily use Maven relocation features [3] to
avoid any possible sort of confusion in the community.

For now I closed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-39. Feel
free to reopen it or let me know if you have some issues with this.

HTH,
ciao!

Gab

[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/opencmis/
[3] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.
Hi Gab,

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jens,

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
Just one little remark:

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Stephan,

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey Stephan,
sorry for not coming back on this earlier... actually on travel and
soon on holidays.

See my answers interleaved:

On Mar 7, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Stephan Klevenz wrote:

> Hi Gab,
>
> Unfortunately I'm getting an authorization problem while deploying
> OpenCMIS artifacts to nexus. Here is a log file extraction from the
> Nexus repository: (see below)

I had some issues myself to do some snapshot deployments, let me
double check and in case I'll follow up today with the infrastructure
guys.

> I tried to deploy manually from local system using my Apache user
> and have configured a Hudson job for deployment. Both wont work.
>
> Do you have any hints for me?
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>
> Entry from Hudson job:
> Authorization
> 7. März 2010 14:14
> Unable to authorize user [ci-hudson] for create to /content/
> repositories/snapshots/org/opencmis/opencmis/0.1-SNAPSHOT/
> opencmis-0.1-SNAPSHOT.pom from IP Address 140.211.11.106

Never tried from hudson, so not sure if it's configured to deploy (so
user ci-hudson is actually allowed).

> Entry from a local deployment:
> Authorization
> 7. März 2010 13:25
> Unable to authorize user [sklevenz] for read to /service/local/
> repositories/site-test/content/ from IP Address 79.255.87.28

This is weird.

I'll do some tests in 3/4 hours time and come back with more details.

HTH,
ciao!

Gab

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.