Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by easter <ea...@free.fr> on 2003/06/26 10:51:17 UTC

Stand alone Axis service?

Does someone have any info on how to run a stand-alone Axis web service
without using the traditional Tomcat or other such
container?
I need something a bit more lightweight to avoid all the deploy/undeploy
nightmares in creating a delivery.
There was a thread a while back about something like this, but I can
seem to find it.

Thanks.

WH

Re: Stand alone Axis service?

Posted by easter <ea...@free.fr>.
Well after my digging yesterday, it seems it is possible to start an
allegedly unsupported http server by invoking

*org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer

*However, it cannot find any way to make the link between my web service and this http server.
How am I supposed to "deploy" my web service, or register it with this http server?

Any clues would be helpfull.

Thanks

Re: Stand alone Axis service?

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.