Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no> on 2002/11/07 07:22:47 UTC

Re: Getting the server to parse files after the handler has done its work...

Hello Simran,

At 00:50 07.11.2002, simran wrote:

>I have the following scenario:
>
>   * A Perl Handler i have written does a bit of work and
>     outputs HTML
>
>   * The HTML it outputs contains HTML like:
>
>       <!--#include virtual="/includes/misc/topnav.html" -->
>
>     I need this to be further parsed by Apache's Server Parsing
>     Process.
>
>Does anyone know what i have to do for the above to work.

You want Apache::OutputChain or Apache::Filter together with an SSI module.
See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/modules.html#Apache__OutputChain____Chain_Stacked_Perl_Handlers
and the paragraph below that for Apache::Filter.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
pereinar@oslo.online.no

Re: Getting the server to parse files after the handler has done its work...

Posted by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net>.
Luis Fagundes wrote:

> I think you can only do this in Apache 2.0. In Apache 1.3 you can chain
> perl modules with OutputChain, but you can't chain a perl module and
> another apache module.

You CAN do this in 1.3 using Apache::Filter and Apache::SSI.

I replied privately to Simran pointing him to these modules, but forgot
to CC the list.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify to the list that this is definately
possible with 1.3 in case others were curious :).

Regards,
Mike

Re: Getting the server to parse files after the handler has done its work...

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.
At 13:30 07.11.2002, Luis Fagundes wrote:
>I think you can only do this in Apache 2.0. In Apache 1.3 you can chain
>perl modules with OutputChain, but you can't chain a perl module and
>another apache module.

And that is why the Apache::SSI and similar modules exist, which duplicate
the mod_include functionality. This is described at the link below

Posted by Luis Fagundes <lf...@onbizz.com.br>.