Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Gareth <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/11 06:42:33 UTC

Cellar Commands Not Appearing In Karaf Console When Equinox Used

Hello,

I am having a small problem running cellar with equinox.

If I start karaf 2.2.3 fresh (felix) and do the following:

> features:install webconsole
> features:addurl
> mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.2/xml/features
> features:install cellar

I see all the cellar commands appear in the karaf console (e.g.
cluster:config-list, cluster:config-proplist etc).

If I do the same with a fresh karaf 2.2.3 equinox (I set the karaf.framework
to equinox in config.properties), the cellar commands do not appear (though
cellar appears to still be running as my two Karaf nodes find each other).

Anything obvious I missed that would cause the cellar commands not to appear
in the console? Anything obvious I can check to help debug this?

thanks in advance,
Gareth

Re: Cellar Commands Not Appearing In Karaf Console When Equinox Used

Posted by Gareth <ga...@gmail.com>.
I should have checked JIRA. I see the commands in the trunk version.

thanks again,
Gareth

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You are right Achim ;)

Regards
JB

On 09/11/2011 07:55 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi Gareth,
>
> it's a known already fixed bug ;)
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-841
>
> it will be available with cellar 2.2.3
>
> Regards, Achim
>
> Am 11.09.2011 06:42, schrieb Gareth:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having a small problem running cellar with equinox.
>>
>> If I start karaf 2.2.3 fresh (felix) and do the following:
>>
>>> features:install webconsole
>>> features:addurl
>>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.2/xml/features
>>> features:install cellar
>> I see all the cellar commands appear in the karaf console (e.g.
>> cluster:config-list, cluster:config-proplist etc).
>>
>> If I do the same with a fresh karaf 2.2.3 equinox (I set the
>> karaf.framework
>> to equinox in config.properties), the cellar commands do not appear
>> (though
>> cellar appears to still be running as my two Karaf nodes find each
>> other).
>>
>> Anything obvious I missed that would cause the cellar commands not to
>> appear
>> in the console? Anything obvious I can check to help debug this?
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>> Gareth
>>
>> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Cellar Commands Not Appearing In Karaf Console When Equinox Used

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Gareth,

it's a known already fixed bug ;)

it will be available with cellar 2.2.3

Regards, Achim

Am 11.09.2011 06:42, schrieb Gareth:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a small problem running cellar with equinox.
>
> If I start karaf 2.2.3 fresh (felix) and do the following:
>
>> features:install webconsole
>> features:addurl
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.2/xml/features
>> features:install cellar
> I see all the cellar commands appear in the karaf console (e.g.
> cluster:config-list, cluster:config-proplist etc).
>
> If I do the same with a fresh karaf 2.2.3 equinox (I set the karaf.framework
> to equinox in config.properties), the cellar commands do not appear (though
> cellar appears to still be running as my two Karaf nodes find each other).
>
> Anything obvious I missed that would cause the cellar commands not to appear
> in the console? Anything obvious I can check to help debug this?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Gareth

*Achim Nierbeck*

Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&  PMC
OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>    Committer&  Project Lead
blog<http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Cellar Commands Not Appearing In Karaf Console When Equinox Used

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gareth,

yeah, I saw that also and I fixed it.
It was an issue with the maven-bundle-plugin and some import package.

It will be included in Cellar 2.2.3.

Regards
JB

On 09/11/2011 06:42 AM, Gareth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a small problem running cellar with equinox.
>
> If I start karaf 2.2.3 fresh (felix) and do the following:
>
>> features:install webconsole
>> features:addurl
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.2/xml/features
>> features:install cellar
>
> I see all the cellar commands appear in the karaf console (e.g.
> cluster:config-list, cluster:config-proplist etc).
>
> If I do the same with a fresh karaf 2.2.3 equinox (I set the karaf.framework
> to equinox in config.properties), the cellar commands do not appear (though
> cellar appears to still be running as my two Karaf nodes find each other).
>
> Anything obvious I missed that would cause the cellar commands not to appear
> in the console? Anything obvious I can check to help debug this?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Gareth

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org