Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.be> on 2004/09/29 12:12:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Move of servers - ip's

Hi,

we're currently planning a move of our servers.
At the moment, I run Apache 1.2.26 on the machines.
So it can be reached at http://x.x.x.x

Websphere is installed too, and our customers log in at
http://x.x.x.x/ubclaims/home
Traffic is redirected there through an Apache plugin for Websphere.

Now, I'm wondering: what would be the easiest way to alert ALL customers
visiting http://x.x.x.x/
that we moved??
Most of them will enter http://x.x.x.x/ubclaims/home, and then get an error
as we disabled WAS.
Is there a way to lead ALL traffic to ONE page with our new IP on it?

Thanks,

Koen

The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential, and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing
it.

Visit our website http://www.UBench.be

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat setup query

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
You can use mod_proxy such that the url looks like the way you want.
I have this setting

    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPass / http://localhost:8091/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8091/

tomcat runs on http://localhost:8091/ but users don't see the 8091
wherever they go in the app - they only browse w.r.t. http://localhost/
I am sure you can do that for the SSl part too.
Aman Raheja

RE: [users@httpd] Move of servers - ip's

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.be>.
Hi,

I'm not allowed to alter the configuration of the live servers while they're
running.
So I *must* find a solution in Apache.
I'm thinking of creating a custom error document and to let all errors point
to it.

Koen

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Wednesday 29 September 2004 11:03, Koen Vingerhoets wrote:
> thanks for the info, but we're not allowed to spend money on this.
You can try setting up two ip-based virtual hosts, one with the old ip, and
the other one with new ip address. Set up Websphere on new ip address and put
one document in document root of the old address which redirects the page to
new ip address.
-----
Eimis

RE: [users@httpd] Move of servers - ip's

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.be>.
Hi,

thanks for the info, but we're not allowed to spend money on this.

Greetings,

Koen

How about using a re-direction / dns service
like "zoneedit.com" ???? They are not the only one.
In fact there many.

Best
John

Posted by John Longland <jo...@im-systems.com>.