Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/07/13 13:22:21 UTC

Why is cygwin needed to run mustella?

Hi,

I am currently investigating the build-problems of the mustella testsuite. Currently I'm trygin to understand mustella itself.
Since I first heard about it, I was wondering why we need Cygwin to run the suite. Currently the only thing I could find, was that you start the suite using a ".sh" command and Cygwin lets you execute that ... Is this the only reason? If yes I would strongly suggest to translate that ".sh" to a ".cmd" or ".bat" file as all other projects do and get rid of the Cygwin dependency. I for instance don't want Cygwin on my machine.

So if anyone of you has more info on this ... I'd be glad to hear :)

Chris

AW: Why is cygwin needed to run mustella?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so it's probably the git bash that's doing the magic.
I much more prefer that as I have to have GIT installed anyway in order to checkout the stuff ;-)

Chris
Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.