Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jun victorio <ju...@starcomsoft.com> on 2009/04/02 01:13:26 UTC

Help in running the change-svn-wc-format.py in svn-win32-1.4.6

Hi there,

 I'm not good at svn or php, but recently we downloaded the latest version
of Tortoise SVN 1.6.0.15855.  We are currently running svn 1.4.6 win32.
When I've updated my local copy from the repository and also merge my
changes to the repository using the new Tortoise svn client.  I'm also using
eclipse as my ide and all of a sudden I'm getting an error saying . "my
client format is old .".  So I've looked and found that Tortoise svn client
will automatically changed the working copy format and there is a PHP script
"change-svn-wc-format.py".  My question is how do you run this script in the
window cmd shell.  As I said I don't know much about PHP.  The web page said
"see FAQ" and I still don't understand it.  Do I need to set a path or
execute anything else before I run this script.  Do I have to run this
script inside a php shell or what?  Also the arguments says "WC_PATH
SVN_VERSION".

Please I need your help and assistance and also bear with me as I've said I
don't know much about php and executing a php script.  Thanks in advance.

RE: Help in running the change-svn-wc-format.py in svn-win32-1.4.6

Posted by "Crespo, Richard" <RC...@kforce.com>.
Are you using Subclipse? If so update that  to URL:
http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.6.x
<http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.6.x>  using the Help/Software
Updates/Add site (or /External site depending on Eclipse version)

________________________________

Posted by Edmund Wong <ed...@kdtc.net>.
jun victorio wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  I'm not good at svn or php, but recently we downloaded the latest version
> of Tortoise SVN 1.6.0.15855.  We are currently running svn 1.4.6 win32.
> When I've updated my local copy from the repository and also merge my
> changes to the repository using the new Tortoise svn client.  I'm also using
> eclipse as my ide and all of a sudden I'm getting an error saying . "my
> client format is old .".  So I've looked and found that Tortoise svn client
> will automatically changed the working copy format and there is a PHP script
> "change-svn-wc-format.py".  My question is how do you run this script in the

This isn't a PHP script.  It's a Python script.

IIRC, you need Python 2.4+ to run this script:

change-svn-wc-format.py <working copy> "<svn version #>"

Edmund

Re: Help in running the change-svn-wc-format.py in svn-win32-1.4.6

Posted by Edmund Wong <ed...@kdtc.net>.
Hi Jun,

>  I'm not good at svn or php, but recently we downloaded the latest version
> of Tortoise SVN 1.6.0.15855.  We are currently running svn 1.4.6 win32.
> When I've updated my local copy from the repository and also merge my
> changes to the repository using the new Tortoise svn client.  I'm also using
> eclipse as my ide and all of a sudden I'm getting an error saying . "my
> client format is old .".  So I've looked and found that Tortoise svn client

For a person who says he's not good at svn,  you sure know your stuff.
:)

Regarding my previous message, I think I jumped the gun a bit.
While the information still stands, I should clarify a bit.

change-svn-wc-format.py is a Python script, as I mentioned.  So
you do need to download Python (either from python.org or
from activestate.com).  Then you can run the script.

Once you get Python installed, you run the script as follows:
(Assuming your working copy is at C:\repos\wc and you're trying
to create a v1.4 format file)

c:\python\bin\python.exe change-svn-wc-python.py c:\repos\wc "1.4"

(I'm not sure if it's c:\python\bin\python.exe.  Wherever you can
find python.exe, use that.  If it's in your path, then it's simple:

python.exe change-svn-wc-python.py c:\repos\wc "1.4"

(Another bonus is if .py files are associated with Python.exe;
then, just run the script and the arguments.)

I hope this helps.

Edmund

Re: Help in running the change-svn-wc-format.py in svn-win32-1.4.6

Posted by Corey Shaw <cs...@q90.com>.
.py is actually a python extension, not PHP.

Corey