Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Naveen Gupta <nk...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/18 12:19:23 UTC

relevant result for query with boost factor on parameters

Hi,
I am trying to achieve this use case with following expectation

three fields

1. field1
2. field2
3. field3

field1 should have the max relevance

field2 should have the next

field3 is the last

the term will be entered by end user (say* rock roll*)

i want to show the results which will contain *rock and roll* both in field1
(first)

i want to show the results which will contain *rock and roll* both in field
2 (first)

these should be only done for a given* field3 (xyz@gmail.com)*

but if suppose field1 does not contain both the term *"rock" and "roll",
*
*special attention:::: *then field 2 results should take the priority (show
the results which has both the terms first and then show the results with
respect to boost factor or relevance)

if both the fields do not contain these terms together (show as normal one
with field1 having more relevance than field2)

how to join the results for field3

that means for a given field3, the above results should be filtered.

I am trying this one, giving satisfactory results, but not the best one,

field1:(rock roll)^20 field2:(rock roll)^4 field3:xyz@gmail.com

i was thinking of givning

filed1 field2 && field3

but not working.

Can you help in this regard?

What other config should i consider in terms of given context ?

Thanks
Naveen

Re: relevant result for query with boost factor on parameters

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
>but if suppose field1 does not contain both the term *"rock" and "roll",
>*
>*special attention:::: *then field 2 results should take the priority (show
>the results which has both the terms first and then show the results with
>respect to boost factor or relevance)

>if both the fields do not contain these terms together (show as normal one
>with field1 having more relevance than field2)

You wud've to experiment with different boost values to arrive at some
benchmark.
Start with same for field-1 & field-2, then inc. for field-1 a little
bit...........

:)

Thanx
Pravesh

Re: relevant result for query with boost factor on parameters

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
You can try following:

1. Try to increase boost for fields(say, field-1^100, field-2^20), and pass
field-3 as a filtered query(using fq parameter). This way field-3 won't
effect the scoring.
2. Some implicit factors like length normalization would defer the results,
so, you can also switch it off

Thanx
Pravesh