Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Smith <ms...@xn.com.au> on 2001/03/28 05:34:14 UTC

compiling problems

I tried to build slide for the first time in a week or two today. It
didn't work.

I get a bunch of errors from XHttpServletResponseFacade and
XHttpServletRequestFacade, and then follow-on errors from the things
that use those classes.

I've pasted the errors below.

Am I missing something, or do I have a too (old|new) version of some jar
file here? I believe I have the current version of the servlet.jar file,
which is what these errors most closely seem to relate to.

If it isn't my fault, could whoever is responsible for this code fix it
please?

Michael

Specifically (sorry for the size):

[javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/WebdavServlet.java:197:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletRequestFacade is an
abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
    [javac]             if ( req != null )  req  = new
XHttpServletRequestFacade(req);
    [javac]                                        ^
    [javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/WebdavServlet.java:198:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletResponseFacade is an
abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
    [javac]             if ( resp != null ) resp = new
XHttpServletResponseFacade(resp);
    [javac]                                        ^
    [javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/logger/XHttpServletRequestFacade.java:97:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletRequestFacade must be
declared abstract. It does not define java.util.Map getParameterMap()
from interface javax.servlet.ServletRequest.
    [javac] public class XHttpServletRequestFacade implements
HttpServletRequest {
    [javac]              ^
    [javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/logger/XHttpServletRequestFacade.java:97:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletRequestFacade must be
declared abstract. It does not define java.lang.StringBuffer
getRequestURL() from interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
    [javac] public class XHttpServletRequestFacade implements
HttpServletRequest {
    [javac]              ^
    [javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/logger/XHttpServletRequestFacade.java:97:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletRequestFacade must be
declared abstract. It does not define void
setCharacterEncoding(java.lang.String) from interface
javax.servlet.ServletRequest.
    [javac] public class XHttpServletRequestFacade implements
HttpServletRequest {
    [javac]              ^
    [javac]
/home/msmith/src/cvs/jakarta-slide/src/webdav/server/org/apache/slide/webdav/logger/XHttpServletResponseFacade.java:97:
class org.apache.slide.webdav.logger.XHttpServletResponseFacade must be
declared abstract. It does not define void resetBuffer() from interface
javax.servlet.ServletResponse.
    [javac] public class XHttpServletResponseFacade  implements
HttpServletResponse
    [javac]              ^
    [javac] Note: 2 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile
with "-deprecation" for details.
    [javac] 6 errors, 1 warning

Re: compiling problems

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I tried to build slide for the first time in a week or two today. It
> didn't work.
>
> I get a bunch of errors from XHttpServletResponseFacade and
> XHttpServletRequestFacade, and then follow-on errors from the things
> that use those classes.
>
> I've pasted the errors below.
>
> Am I missing something, or do I have a too (old|new) version of some jar
> file here? I believe I have the current version of the servlet.jar file,
> which is what these errors most closely seem to relate to.
>
> If it isn't my fault, could whoever is responsible for this code fix it
> please?

You need the Servlet API 2.2 to build (as is indicated by the flags which
are displyed).
It's because we have a filter-like mechanism for a special logger.
Eventually, I'll try to fix that (since it hurts me the most, as I spend a
lot of time working on TC 4 ;))

Remy