Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dino Chiesa <di...@microsoft.com> on 2005/02/28 20:11:02 UTC

Why Castor + AXIS?

What's the typical reason for using Castor with AXIS?
  - AXIS is missing features that Castor has?
  - Castor is already in use and the org wants to add webservices
capability

  - something else?

-Dino

Posted by Kenneth Stephen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dino,

    In my case, it is primarily the first reason you mention. Castor
has better coverage of XML schema features. Plus it also allows
validation. Another minor thing : the Axis generated code serializes
null object references using xsi:nil, whereas, wilth Castor, the XML
element itself doesnt get produced. This, IMHO, is cleaner XML, though
both forms are correct.

Regards,
Kenneth