Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 16:18:22 UTC

Re: Why DenyAllFilter??

Each filter decides if it matches and what to do with what it matches.
 So if something doesn't match any filter, then how do you handle
that?  You use DenyAll to throw away all message that didn't match any
other filter.  Remember that you can have multiple filters so you need
a way to say "anything else".

On 5/4/06, Meera Mehta <me...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am little bit aware of Log4J, in my next project i
> am going to use it.
>
> I have gone threw log4j.varia StringMatchFilter but
> one strange thing i found is when my message do not
> contain matching string, in that case also its logging
> that message (ideally it should not!!!!!).
>
> i have gone threw archive and got that we have to use
> DenyAllFilter. i have used that and it works.
>
> but i want to know why its happening?? ideally if
> String is not matching then it should not log that
> message!!!!!so why its logging that message????
>
> please reply me.
>
> Thanx,
> Mehta

James Stauffer