Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2003/11/06 17:30:28 UTC

VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC

Based on feedback from my earlier proposal, here's a new proposal.
If you have comments please holler if not vote yay or nay.

CVS:
    Retain the current structure; i.e., both share ws-axis/.

Mailing lists:
    Create axis-{dev,user}-c@ws.apache.org

Web site:
    Create new site http://ws.apache.org/axis-c for Axis/C++ effort.

PMC:
    I suggest Susantha Kumara susantha@opensource.lk be appointed
    to the WS PMC to represent the Axis/C++ project.

Bugzilla:
    Create new bugzilla entry for Axis/C++ project (if not already
    created).

Here's my vote: +1.

Sanjiva.

Re: VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Based on feedback from my earlier proposal, here's a new proposal.
> If you have comments please holler if not vote yay or nay.
>
> CVS:
>     Retain the current structure; i.e., both share ws-axis/.
>
> Mailing lists:
>     Create axis-{dev,user}-c@ws.apache.org
>
> Web site:
>     Create new site http://ws.apache.org/axis-c for Axis/C++ effort.
>
> PMC:
>     I suggest Susantha Kumara susantha@opensource.lk be appointed
>     to the WS PMC to represent the Axis/C++ project.
>
> Bugzilla:
>     Create new bugzilla entry for Axis/C++ project (if not already
>     created).
>

> Here's my vote: +1.
>
> Sanjiva.

+1

steve

Re: VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Based on feedback from my earlier proposal, here's a new proposal.
> If you have comments please holler if not vote yay or nay.
>
> CVS:
>     Retain the current structure; i.e., both share ws-axis/.
>
> Mailing lists:
>     Create axis-{dev,user}-c@ws.apache.org
>
> Web site:
>     Create new site http://ws.apache.org/axis-c for Axis/C++ effort.
>
> PMC:
>     I suggest Susantha Kumara susantha@opensource.lk be appointed
>     to the WS PMC to represent the Axis/C++ project.
 >
> Bugzilla:
>     Create new bugzilla entry for Axis/C++ project (if not already
>     created).

This already exists.

> Here's my vote: +1.

+1 to the rest.

Re: VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Based on feedback from my earlier proposal, here's a new proposal.
> If you have comments please holler if not vote yay or nay.
>
> CVS:
>     Retain the current structure; i.e., both share ws-axis/.
>
> Mailing lists:
>     Create axis-{dev,user}-c@ws.apache.org
>
> Web site:
>     Create new site http://ws.apache.org/axis-c for Axis/C++ effort.
>
> PMC:
>     I suggest Susantha Kumara susantha@opensource.lk be appointed
>     to the WS PMC to represent the Axis/C++ project.
 >
> Bugzilla:
>     Create new bugzilla entry for Axis/C++ project (if not already
>     created).

This already exists.

> Here's my vote: +1.

+1 to the rest.

Re: create separate CVS?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> I checked the Xerces situation and it looks like they have
> one repository and yet multiple mailing lists. Does anyone
> know what they do? I'd prefer to keep it consistent and
> mirror their model.
>
> Also, that was the whole point of having put a java/ dir
> under ws-axis/ for example.
>
> Sanjiva.

There is a separate xerces-cvs mailing list, in addition to a -c-dev,
-j-dev, -j-user, and -p-dev mailing list.

Re: create separate CVS?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

Re: create separate CVS? (was: Re: VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1

=====

Re: VOTE: move Axis/C++ to direct sub-project under WS PMC

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1

=====