Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by ro...@xemaps.com on 2012/10/01 02:49:24 UTC

msn -1

Hi guys,

So I have a few users whose Outlook 2010 seems to hang using James with our custom Mailstore/User Repository/etc.  The situation seems to do with certain scenarios where Outlook passes a -1 for an msn.  in particular we can get this to happen everytime when doing a delete all from the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook.

The issue seems to be with the AbstractMailboxProcessor which does not like the -1 understandably.  However I do see that IMAP-346 was filed and marked "Fixed" to just skip unfound msn yet still error out on -1.  As this seems to freeze Outlook 2010 does it make sense to also skip -1 or assume it means a non-bounded lower range and just leave it alone?  Our custom mailbox assumes -1 to be unlimited range.

Roy

Re: msn -1

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi Roy,

Do you mean Outlook sends UID (not MSN) -1?
Can you post here the sequence of IMAP command sent by Outlook?

We heard before issue with Outlook, this may be one of the cause, so
your inputs will be very useful.

Thx again,

Eric

@echarles