Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/10 13:27:37 UTC

Re: [Math] Needed some help as a new contributor to Apache JIRA

Hi.

Please note that you should usually prefix the "Subject:" line
of your post with the (short) name of the component in square
brackets; here that would have been "[Math]".  This is because
there are so many different subjects that can be discussed on
this ML, as explained there:
    https://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html
I've modified the email's subject accordingly.

Also, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
   "contributor to Apache JIRA"
in the subject line...

Le ven. 10 mars 2023 à 13:14, yousuf mohammed
<yo...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have tried to install Apache commons Math 4.0 beta 1 as binaries

If you want to contribute to the "Commons Math" library, it looks
like you should preferably download the "maven" project from
the source repository, as briefly explained there:
   https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/developers.html
At your convenience, you might also want to use GitHub:
   https://github.com/apache/commons-math/

> extracted all the files

Please give more details of what you did; there shouldn't be
anything to "extract"...

> but i am not aware of how to add these as external
> libraries in my intelliJ IDE

Again, I don't quite see what you mean.
With the
  $ git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git
command, you should get everything.  Then, inside the just created
  commons-math
directory, you should be able to run
  $ mvn
in order to build the "binaries".

> and I also require help on getting some of the
> resources to really understand about how to use the library it would be
> really helpful

A lot of the functionality is explained in the userguide:
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/userguide/index.html
See also the Javadoc:
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/commons-math-docs/apidocs/index.html

Best regards,