Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Jana Sefcikova <js...@capso.com> on 2016/04/23 13:27:34 UTC

How to add annotation that opens url in new tab/window ?

Hi, I am using pdfbox to create links inside pdf as follows:

PDAnnotationLink txtLink = new PDAnnotationLink();

// code for setting position

PDActionURI action = new PDActionURI();

action.setURI("http://www.google.com");

txtLink.setAction(action);

But when I open pdf in browser and click on the annotated text, it opens
url in the current tab in the browser.

Can I open links in new tab using pdfbox ? If yes, could you provide some
example ?

Thank you very much

Re: How to add annotation that opens url in new tab/window ?

Posted by Jana Sefcikova <js...@capso.com>.
Hi Maruan, thank you very much for your answer. We went for fronted
solution for now.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

> Am 26.04.2016 um 11:12 schrieb Jana Sefcikova <js...@capso.com>:
>
> Hi Maruan,
>
> thank you for your response.
>
> Where this code can be placed ? Somewhere in GUI or it can be done
> programatically ?

I havnÄt had the time to test the code but that should work I think:

you can add Javascript to an annotation like this for a given annotation 'annot'

PDActionJavaScript javascriptAction = new PDActionJavaScript("app.launchURL("http://yoururl", true);");
PDAnnotationAdditionalActions actions = new PDAnnotationAdditionalActions();

Posted by Jana Sefcikova <js...@capso.com>.
Hi Maruan,

thank you for your response.

Where this code can be placed ? Somewhere in GUI or it can be done
programatically ? What is app ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.