Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/07/31 21:49:28 UTC

Re: access a BLOB coloumn from a CMP EJB

	Sorry, what's the difference between TranQL 1.0 and 1.1?  Is 1.0
targeted to Geroniom M4 or Geronimo 1.0?

Thanks,
	Aaron

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>>Neither - Geronimo can use whichever version it chooses.
>

> 	Um, OK, then I guess Geronimo needs some more information to
> decide which to use.  What's the plan for testing and finalizing TranQL
> v1.0?

1.0 is basically frozen except for bug fixes. This could be considered a
bug fix and might be worth backporting - do you think it should be included?

When do you expect that and when do you expect v1.1 to be tested
> and finalized?

"When its done"

> What other changes are in store for v1.1?

Mian focus for me and Matt is additional dialects especially DB2.

Is OpenEJB
> 2.0-SHAPSHOT dependent on TranQL 1.1-SNAPSHOT or can OpenEJB also choose
> v1.0?

The itest relies on 1.1 as I wanted to highlight the problem Stephen was
seeing. The runtime can use either although the default way in which
byte[] values get persisted will be different.

Should this change be backported to TranQL 1.0?

Up to you. I did not want to impact existing Geronimo applications.

--
Jeremy

Re: access a BLOB coloumn from a CMP EJB

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Neither - Geronimo can use whichever version it chooses.

	Um, OK, then I guess Geronimo needs some more information to
decide which to use.  What's the plan for testing and finalizing TranQL
v1.0?  When do you expect that and when do you expect v1.1 to be tested
and finalized?  What other changes are in store for v1.1?  Is OpenEJB
2.0-SHAPSHOT dependent on TranQL 1.1-SNAPSHOT or can OpenEJB also choose
v1.0?  Should this change be backported to TranQL 1.0?

Thanks,
	Aaron

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.