Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by TRAFARSKI Michel <mi...@c-s.fr> on 2002/09/10 15:55:10 UTC

Variable value

Hi,

How can I store the result of :<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{$ref-id}"/>,  in a "xsl:variable". Is the following expression right or not ?

<xsl:variable name="pageTotal"><fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{$ref-id}"/></xsl:variable>

Thank you for your help,

Michel.

Re: Variable value

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
TRAFARSKI Michel wrote:
> How can I store the result of :<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{$ref-id}"/>,  in a "xsl:variable". Is the following expression right or not ?
>
> <xsl:variable name="pageTotal"><fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{$ref-id}"/></xsl:variable>

You can't. The process involves two processors: at the first
stage, the XSLT processor transforms your source XML to the
XSLFO vocabulary, using the elements from the XSLT namespace
(xsl prefix) as instructions. The second stage is the FO
processor, which formats the result of this transformation
inot the target file format. Because the XSLT processor has
no access to the page structure, you can't get page numbers
into XSLT variables.

There is probably a way to solve your original problem, post
it to the list.

J.Pietschmann