Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2012/10/09 21:19:00 UTC

Incubator status page

Hey folks,

We should have completed all of the tasks on our status page before
releasing:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cloudstack.html

(At least, this is my understanding.)

Can someone see to this?

NS

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> This has come up previously - many of the items on those lists are
> things I personally feel uncomfortable marking as completed.

Why? Can you give more examples?

For instance:
> Assessing the fit with the ASF?
> Give all mentors access to te SVN repo - called as a PMC chair task.
> (though this is done as our repos are available to anyone @incubator)

How is this not already long been complete?

> In addition - a number of those are CloudStack-specific work issues
> that we added to the checklist to track our way through graduation.

Which ones?

--
NS

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012, at 02:22 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Noah,
>>
>> AFAIK, those are the graduation checklist, not a release checklist.  Am I
>> wrong?
>
> Seems to me it's a graduation checklist, as it's referenced here under
> the graduation guide:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#notes-status
>
> Best,
>
> Joe
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

However, this does bring up an important point.  We haven't been
keeping it up to date properly.  We've completed most of the checklist
already!

-chip

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Thanks!

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>
> > Looks good!
> >
> > - Tell Mentors to track progress in the file 'incubator/projects/{
> > project.name}.html'
> >
> > Has this not been done?
>
> Welp, not sure who was supposed to do that. Since you are a mentor, do
> you know?  Can we call it done?

I have done this now.

--
NS

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Oct 9, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> Looks good!
>
> - Tell Mentors to track progress in the file 'incubator/projects/{
> project.name}.html'
>
> Has this not been done?

Welp, not sure who was supposed to do that. Since you are a mentor, do
you know?  Can we call it done?

> - Fix artifact naming so that they comply with ASF guidelines
>
> This too?

Will be done tonight (per your note about versioning).

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Looks good!

--
NS

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Chip Childers ▪ Cloud Product Development ▪ SunGard Availability
Services ▪ 401 N. Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19108 ▪ w: 215.446.1976 ▪
m: 267.250.0815 ▪ f: 267.262.8325 ▪ chip.childers@sungard.com

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

>>> Huh, you're right.
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that wasn't there back in the good ol' days when I was an
>>> RM in the Incubator.
>>>
>>> *You kids get off my lawn!*
>>
>> *Proceeding to jump back and forth between the street and your lawn.*

>>> Sweeet. Thanks!
>>
>> Committed to svn.
>
> Noah - do you have karma to publish from here?
> https://cms.apache.org/incubator/publish

Never mind - I do.  Publishing now.

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> > You've lost me. Which IPMC voting process?
>>
>> The IPMC vote that's required after the project's vote.  Podlings
>> aren't TLP's, and therefore aren't authorized to issue releases
>> without their sponsoring TPL voting in approval, right?
>

> Huh, you're right.
>
> I'm pretty sure that wasn't there back in the good ol' days when I was an
> RM in the Incubator.
>
> *You kids get off my lawn!*

*Proceeding to jump back and forth between the street and your lawn.*

>> > It seems to me that the legal checkpoints here clearly need to be
>> completed
>> > before we can do a release.
>>
>> IMO, we have cleared the legal checkpoints.  I'm updating the status
>> page appropriately.
>

> Sweeet. Thanks!

Committed to svn.

Re: Incubator status page

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> > You've lost me. Which IPMC voting process?
>
> The IPMC vote that's required after the project's vote.  Podlings
> aren't TLP's, and therefore aren't authorized to issue releases
> without their sponsoring TPL voting in approval, right?

Huh, you're right.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't there back in the good ol' days when I was an
RM in the Incubator.

*You kids get off my lawn!*

> > It seems to me that the legal checkpoints here clearly need to be
> completed
> > before we can do a release.
>
> IMO, we have cleared the legal checkpoints.  I'm updating the status
> page appropriately.

Sweeet. Thanks!

> > Is there anything in the tabular part of this status page you do not
> think
> > is necessary to complete, or mark as complete, before we ship our first
> > release?
>
> Several infrastructure related tasks are not required to vote and
> approve on a release.  Example:  we added a task to redirect cs.o to
> i.a.o/cloudstack.  I'd like to be done, but it's not a requirement for
> a release.

Agreed.

--
NS