Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/30 15:23:42 UTC

[discuss] nifi 1.19.1

Team,

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to spin up a 1.19.1.  Want to be
respectful of everyone's time as I realize these votes aren't always
easy to participate in.

The main reason has to do with the registry/client changes and how
that has been creating problems for people as they upgrade past 1.16.
We thought it was sorted in 1.19 but not so - as shown in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-10874.  For those watching
in Slack this has been biting several users lately.

I'll sweep up existing already landed items that are easily ported over.

I do realize we've got the nar plugin being updated to help detect
dupe dependencies in nar chains as well as to help with reproducible
builds but we could pull that in for 1.19.2 if we have one but
certainly 1.20.

Thanks

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.19.1

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
RC1 for 1.19.1 build is underway.  Should ideally have the bits/vote
up within the next 2-3 hours.

Thanks

Re: [discuss] nifi 1.19.1

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.