Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will England <wi...@mylanders.com> on 2001/07/18 01:11:23 UTC

JSP compile error - class not found

Greetings!

Running tomcat 3.2 on Sun 2.7

Porting a working application from 3.1.  All jsp's and servlets work under
3.1.

Running multiple virtual machines under one Tomcat with the <host>
parameter in server.xml.

The JSPs are failing to compile --
Class xxx not found.

The classes that are giving me problems are in the WEB-INF/classes
directory.  They have correct permissions.  The classpath that tomcat is
using is:

bin/../lib/ant.jar:
bin/../lib/db-2.7.7:
bin/../lib/db-2.7.7.jar:
bin/../lib/jasper.jar:
bin/../lib/jaxp.jar:
bin/../lib/log4j.jar:
bin/../lib/mail.jar:
bin/../lib/mm.mysql-2.0.1-bin.jar:
bin/../lib/parser.jar:
bin/../lib/servlet.jar:
bin/../lib/test:
bin/../lib/webserver.jar:
/usr/java1.2/bin/../lib/tools.jar

The servlets work correctly.  The only odd bit in server.xml is the use of
this:

     <RequestInterceptor
                className="org.apache.tomcat.request.Jdk12Interceptor"/>

so that I can read text files from each WEB-INF directory for each web
application.

I've checked the FAQ's, google, groups.google, Sun and Apache's web
pages.  I haven't been able to find any reason for this to happen.

I've cleared the work/ directory out, cleared out all compliled classes
and recompiled the entire thing from source.

I'm rather stumped.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas why my JSP's
won't compile?

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks or advice!

Will

--
  /~>'find `funny quote`': Command not found; humor not installed.
  1986 Concours 72,xxx  1982 Maxim 12,xxx (For Sale!) CDA #00046

RE: JSP compile error - class not found

Posted by Will England <wi...@mylanders.com>.
Greetings!

Tried copying tools.jar to the TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory.  Didn't help.

Set TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME vars.  Didn't help.

Any other ideas?