Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu> on 2015/03/18 21:11:44 UTC

Solr and non-default minBlockSize/maxBlockSize for PostingsFormat

Hello,

Using Solr 10.10.2 I created a wrapper class plugin that instantiates the
Lucene41PostingsFormat with non-default parameters for the minBlockSize and
maxBlockSize.   I have created a read-only index. (i.e. there will never be
any updates to this index.)

I have two questions.

1)I need to be able to give a copy of the index to several people and it
would be nice if they didn't have to have a copy of my plugin to read it:

Does the index have metadata in it so that a new Solr instance would not
need the plugin to read the index properly.  i.e. can the block sizes be
detected and the index read correctly?

2) How can I tell that the plugin is working (other than lack of OOM errors)
Is there anything in the indexwriter (infostream) log or anywhere else
where I can confirm that the index that has been written is actually using
the block sizes given?
Alternatively is there code in a test case I might use to get the block
sizes for a segment?

Tom

See this thread for background:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/How-to-configure-Solr-PostingsFormat-block-size-tt4179029.html

Re: Solr and non-default minBlockSize/maxBlockSize for PostingsFormat

Posted by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu>.
Sorry, I know Solr 10 won't be  released for quite some time, since 5 is
the current release...  I meant  Solr 4.10.2