Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 19:52:06 UTC

Next steps in becoming a TLD

Hi all,

it seems there are no objections on general@ against Onamis
graduation. I have pinged Olivier and Mo if they have any objections -
maybe they have missed my mails.

That said, I think we are ready.

What does graduation mean?

Here is the official info, if you would like to have a read for the night:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

In short, it does mean we are getting the onami.apache.org subdomain
and we are responsible for our project. We have no fallback-IPMC which
would point us to issues in our processes.

To do that, we need to create a charter and elect a chair. I will make
my chair suggestion in a different thread; please add your nominations
there.

Also we need to form a PMC. That would mean we identify people who
never actually joined the project and drop them from the committer /
pmc list. The other people active in the project might remain on the
PMC list. If there are objections against a person being on the PMC,
now is the last chance to speak up.

Reminder: as a PMC member you have a binding vote. For example, you
can vote to release an artifact or to veto a change. The final
decisions are made by the PMC. Anyway, the best PMCs listen carefully
to contributors and committers and do respect their votes too.

That said, I don't see any big issues. I will open the chair
nomination thread now, later we deal with the charter and finally we
make up a vote on general@.

If you have any questions on the ASF, graduation, incubator etc now is
the time to ask.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Next steps in becoming a TLD

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
> That said - you are included in our dream team, as well as any other
> Onami committer / contributor.

+1 very well said!

everybody involved in Onami is here, IMHO, for two main reasons:

 1 - and the most important, IMHO - you all are very nice guys who
play very well in an heterogeneous group :)

 2 - our interest on developing a Guice extension crossed our paths

that said, keep in mind that if we can graduate, it is because the
COMMUNITY is healthy, not because we have a good codebase!!!

All the best!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Next steps in becoming a TLD

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Daniel Manzke
<da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just can say, thx christian for the awesome steps you are doing for the
> onami project. You and Simo are working together like a dream team. :)

Thank you Daniel.

It is easy to act as a dream team if the collegs are great persons. In
Onami, there is a huge kindness factor. Let us stick with it, its
good.

Posted by Daniel Manzke <da...@googlemail.com>.

--
Viele Grüße/Best Regards