Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cox Wood <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 09:10:57 UTC

Does the local mode of hadoop support pipes?

Hi buddies,
    I'm learning hadoop pipes recently, and tried to run it under local mode
right now.
    Could anybody be kind enough to tell me if the local mode support hadoop
pipes? Why I can't get it work, and hadoop seems to suspend in
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Application at line 85 when trying to get a client
socket.

RE: Does the local mode of hadoop support pipes?

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Pipes won't work in local mode. It assumes support from HDFS. You should be
able to run it in a single node pseudo-distributed setup.
Devaraj