Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2014/04/08 22:47:43 UTC

cassandra-2.1 testing

Here is the current state of unit and dtest results for the
cassandra-2.1 branch, from the commit I started with this morning.

origin/cassandra-2.1
commit 0fa5cba35b9c97ad34dedbbd89a933f5b9d156e9
Date:   Tue Apr 8 12:26:09 2014 -0500

--------------------------------
Unit Tests Failing:

----
org.apache.cassandra.db.CommitLogTest.testExceedSegmentSizeWithOverhead

Error Message:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mutation of 33554430 bytes is too
large for the maxiumum size of 16777216
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLog.add(CommitLog.java:205)
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLog.add(CommitLog.java:192)
	at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CommitLogTest.testExceedSegmentSizeWithOverhead(CommitLogTest.java:177)

Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6764 (Unresolved;
2.1 beta2):
        "Using Batch commitlog_sync is slow and doesn't actually batch
writes"
----

--------------------------------
Dtests Failing:

----
bootstrap_test
   Should be fixed with a patch to ccm:
          https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm/pull/109
----
concurrent_schema_changes_test.TestConcurrentSchemaChanges.snapshot_test
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7002
          "concurrent_schema_changes_test snapshot_test dtest needs to
account for hashed data dirs in 2.1"
----
cqlsh_tests.TestCqlsh.test_eat_glass
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7003
          "cqlsh_tests test_eat_glass dtest fails on 2.1"
----
cqlsh_tests.TestCqlsh.test_simple_insert
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7004
          "cqlsh_tests test_simple_insert dtest fails on 2.1"
----
paxos_tests
   Jira:  ToDo, once I have a little better understanding of the errors
----
repair_test
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7005
          "repair_test dtest fails on 2.1"
----
secondary_indexes_test.TestSecondaryIndexes.test_6924
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7006
          "secondary_indexes_test test_6924 dtest fails on 2.1"
----
topology_test
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7009
          "topology_test dtest fails in 2.1"
----
upgrade_supercolumns_test
   Jira:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7008
          "upgrade_supercolumns_test dtest failing in 2.1"
----
upgrade_through_versions_test
   Actively being improved by Russ Hatch - will hold on Jira for the moment

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: cassandra-2.1 testing

Posted by Ryan McGuire <ry...@datastax.com>.
Thanks Mikhail, I remember I fixed this in
ccm<https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm/commit/2c19025dc51578f074b889ad4b78ac9e0625e715>,
but then I forgot that cqlsh_tests wasn't using the ccm api for invoking
that.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Mikhail Stepura <mikhail.stepura@outlook.com

Re: cassandra-2.1 testing

Posted by Mikhail Stepura <mi...@outlook.com>.

Re: cassandra-2.1 testing

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 04/08/2014 04:04 PM, Michael Shuler wrote:
> On 04/08/2014 03:50 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>> How many of these are bisect-able?
>
> Many are test implementation errors, and may not be directly related to
> c* errors. They may need to be fixed in ccm or the dtest is just wrong.
> I'll keep after these tickets, and bisect c* for ones that look like
> actual issues. Some of these are already getting looked at, which is
> greatly appreciated :)

I added one for the bootstrap_test dtest after patching ccm, and may add
one for auth_test. It might make sense to use the view:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CASSANDRA%20AND%20summary%20~%20dtest%20AND%20reporter%20%3D%20mshuler%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved

--
Kind regards,
Michael