Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by J <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/30 22:41:42 UTC

Session Management

Hi,

I saw the delete command for web::filecontext namespace. However, it is not documented. Any description on it will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry

Re: Session Management

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Jerry

> I saw the delete command for web::filecontext namespace. However, it
> is not documented. Any description on it will be appreciated.

the context::delete proc is not a feature of filecontext, but of
context (see
http://tcl.apache.org/websh/quickref/context_handling.html#web::context)

If you have

	web::context foo
	foo:delete

is equivalent to

	web::context foo
	namespace delete foo

I'll make sure it's documented in the next release

Ronnie
Ronnie Brunner                             ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich   phone +41 1 247 79 79 fax +41 1 247 70 75

Re: Session Management

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> I have another session problem. Other programming language will
> provide session timeout feature. However, it seems that websh
> doesn't support that directly or I'm just not aware of the
> implementation?

You have to do that manually: add a timestamp to your context whenever
you access it and compare the timestamp in the context with the actual
request time on the context -> if the difference is too large (e.g. 30
minutes) just fall back on an error or login page or whatever you need.

Re: Session Management

Posted by J <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,