Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/03 23:06:57 UTC

JDBC request and DB links

I have a JMeter test script (2.10) that uses a JDBC Connection Configuration element along with a JDBC Request element.  It's been working fine.  The JDBC Connection Configuration element is connecting to an Oracle database.  The JDBC Request element is set for a select statement.  Today I tried to enhance the select statement to use an Oracle DB Link.  After this, I get nothing back from the query and no errors.  The enhanced query works fine in a query execution tool, so I know that much is fine.  I know that the connection information in JMeter is correct as the query without the DB Link reference works fine.  Oracle uses the @ symbol to indicate DB links.  By any chance is this a problem for JMeter?  For example, my original query looked something like...

select table1.field1 as myfield
from table1
join table2
on table1.id = table2.fid
where t2.filterfield = 'filtervalue'

whereas the new query looks something like...

select t1.field1 as myfield, t3.field1 as myotherfield
from table1 t1
join table2 t2
on t1.id = t2.fid
join table3@dblinkname t3

on t2.id = t3.fid

where t2.filterfield = 'filtervalue'

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Glenn

Re: JDBC request and DB links

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for letting us know.

Re: JDBC request and DB links

Posted by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com>.

Re: AW: JDBC request and DB links

Posted by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com>.
Never noticed any memory problems.  In this case the issue was on my end.  DB Link was not configured properly in the environment I was using.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
In this case though even if you dont have listeners , it still builds the
string to setup as the result..

Re: JDBC request and DB links

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: JDBC request and DB links